Monday, September 14, 2020

The ukulele duo...

 Here in Hawaii, we are very lucky to have so many ukulele virtuosos and groups that feature the ukulele as an instrument that can really compete with other instruments, especially it’s close cousin...the guitar. I’d like to mention that back in early 1990’s there was a duo named Kaau Crater Boys consisting of members Earnie Cruz Jr. and Troy Fernandez, which was formed, that wrote and sang this song called “You Don’t Write”, released in 2003, which to me was one of the best local driving like beat music at that time, that got my feet to start tapping and then my hands started drumming on an old coffee table that I remember from when I was a little kid...I love listening to that song (cranked up the volume of course) on the radio, whether it was at home or on the car cruising to my favorite spot called “point panic” on the south side of the island to go bodysurfing. I liked it so much that I figured how to play that song by ear, really loved the picking part of that great ukulele piece...a video of them below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I’d sure like to hear your comments here at UkuleleBlog808...